Smile

Did you know you would have to catch your breath the first time you laid eyes on me like I had known I'd have to for you?
My heart stood still for a beat until I heard your sweet voice say my name and joy skipped across my face
caught in the knowing, 
I smiled

Did you know that you'd hold a special place in my life the first time you laid eyes on me like I had known I'd have with you?
My  mind's at ease and my spirit is in comfort and my soul is enveloped lying next to you and held in your embrace
caught in the knowing, 
I smile

Did you know you would still care for me after I am gone the first time you laid eyes on me like I had known I'd do for you?
My mind is filled with lasting pleasant memories each time I think of you, when I wonder of when next I'll hear your sweet voice, stilled that I will always love you
caught in the knowing, 
I will smile

Comments